Low calories meals are for those Indian food lovers who wish to keep away from gaining extra calories. A typical example is vegetable curry prepared from healthy Indian recipes and is tasty plus low on calories.
The dish is salubrious and simple. This recipe from India proves that healthy diet need not lack taste. Let us go through summarily on the preparation process.
Things needed to prepare Low calorie vegetable curry
- Chopped tomatoes – 2 cans
- Chopped broccoli – 100 grams
- Chopped cauliflower– 100 grams
- Two small potatoes, small onion
- Mushrooms – 100 grams
- Garlic clove
- I tablespoon of turmeric, ginger, curry and chili powder
Instructions to prepare Low calorie vegetable curry
1. The potatoes are to be chopped in smaller chunks, preferably cubes. Cook the slices in boiling water for about five to ten minutes
2. Cut into pieces the rest of vegetables and put in a frying pan of large size.
3. Add chopped tomatoes (two cans) and start cooking on a medium heat.
4. Add all the healthy Indian recipes mentioned ahead to the vegetable mix and continue to prepare on a medium heat with stirring the mixture frequently.
5. Now, put the potatoes in the vegetable mix directly taking them out from boiling water.
6. Continue to cook until all vegetables get soft.
7. Serve the delicious mix as is or place the same over boiled rice.
Tips & Warnings while preparing Low calorie vegetable curry
- Meat eaters may like to add few chicken strips to the vegetable mix
- Prevent the potatoes from getting cooked completely in boiling water as it will make them turn into mush upon placing in curry mix. During boiling, check their status frequently.